The future is here.
While I’ve been expecting to get my hands on Google Home Mini, I got this Amazon Echo first. As I’m writing this blog post, this the second day with the Echo (although I prefer to communicate with Alexa more). So the Echo is a smart speaker made by Amazon. Alexa is the digital assistant, whom I have a conversation with.
Before I can add more about my experience with this smart speaker, here’s some interesting things I like about the Echo:
- It’s very straightforward to set it up with my home WiFi. It took me a few minutes install this device for the first time.
- Before I headed out for lunch, I asked Alexa, are you hungry? Alexa said: I’m not hungry and thirsty. Thank you for asking. 😉
- During work today, I had Alexa playing some NPR News. I also asked Alexa to open Ocean Sounds.
- Each time I ask about tomorrow’s weather, Alexa points out the weather in West Lake (USA). But when I’m more specific by mentioning Phnom Penh, she can give the specific answer.
- I believe Alexa is potentially a home tutor for English language. My 6-year-old son, Tom, will be able to ask Alexa about Pluto, Asteroid, and space, the way he used my Moto G 5 Plus smart phone to say Hey, Google.
Thank John for this 2018 gadget gift.